Tutorial for Nightbot Shoutout Command like !shoutout or !so
If you use Nightbot and Twitch, you need to create a Shoutout Command. You use this command anytime you want to give someone a shoutout in chat for raiding, huge tip, etc. It is easy to do.
Nightbot Shoutout Command Steps
Login into http://nightbot.tv
- Click on Commands in the left navigation bar
- Choose Custom
- On the right, click on the “Add Command”
- In the Command, enter either !shoutout or !so
- In the message, copy this: Go check out $(touser) at twitch.tv/$(touser) and go show them some love <3 <3 <3
- Set the userlevel to moderator. If you want the only person to be able to use the command, set it to owner.
- If you want an alias, enter it in the alias field.
- Submit and you are done.
- Now, enjoy the command.
Testing your new Shoutout Command for Nightbot on Twitch
You can test it by hopping into your chat on Twitch and give it a try.
In Twitch chat, if you type: !so sacket . The output will be:
Go check out sacket at twitch.tv/sacket and go show them some love <3 <3 <3
Typing “!shoutout sacket” should also provide the same output as above.